Medication Deferral List
Certain medications and medical conditions will prevent you from donating, at least temporarily. The following medications will prevent you from donating blood:
- Antibiotics *Donors who are taking antibiotics are eligible to donate 24 hours after their last dose.
- Anti-Platelet Medications
- Blood thinners (such as Coumadin, Heparin, Lovenox, Warfarin)
- Bovine insulin
- Hepatitis B Immune Globulin
- Human-derived growth hormones
- Unlicensed vaccines (usually associated with research)
To inquire about your specific medical conditions or medications, please call 1-800-962-0628 to speak to a representative.