1) You must be a high school senior planning to enter and accredited two or four-year college or university the following fall. It must be a public, or private, not-for-profit institution from which you can receive an associate or bachelor’s degree.
2) You must have a 3.0 GPA and score at least a 20 on the ACT or 950 on the SAT (cumulative).
3) NO applicant will be awarded more than one Crystal Green Memorial Scholarship and the scholarship is non-renewable.
4) Blood Assurance reserves the right not to award the scholarships if no applicant achieves the minimum standards. In addition, Blood Assurance reserves the right to discontinue this scholarship program, provided that any scholarship already awarded will continue, subject to the provisions of the section titled “Scholarship Requirements.”
5) Financial need is a consideration. Applicants who have all educational expenses paid through other scholarship and/or grants are ineligible.
1) Our scholarship committee will review all applications. The judges will consider all aspects of the application process – the marketing plan, transcript, school and community service, after school employment and letters of recommendation. The judges’ decisions will be final.
2) Any application containing falsified information will be immediately disqualified.
1) If you are awarded a scholarship, you must begin attending your chosen school within two academic semesters of receiving the scholarship. The money ($1,500) will paid at the beginning of the school year to the school of your choice in your name.
2) You must be enrolled as a full time student as defined by your school.
Email Caitlyn or call (423) 756-0966
1) Applicants must be high school seniors. Students do not have to be blood donors.
2) Responses to all questions should be submitted online by April 1, 2020.
3) Each student must complete the below application AND submit the following to be considered:
Write a detailed Marketing Plan for a new blood drive promotion. Create a PowerPoint or Prezi presentation to describe your marketing plan and your plan of execution. If we use your blood drive plan at a drive, we will give you a $200 bonus!
You must include:
- Name and theme of your blood drive
- Date, time and location of the blood drive
- How you would utilize media in your area What incentives will you offer donors (T-shirt, hats, etc.). Note: Giveaway cannot be monetary compensation.
- Social media campaign for blood drive Note: The more visuals the better! Creativity, fun, and originality will attract more donors to your drive and show us you put a lot of thought into it.
Submit your presentation to Caitlyn Mantooth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secure two letters of recommendation. At least one of your letters must be from an academic reference. You may use two academic references. If someone outside of your school writes one of your recommendations, it cannot be a personal friend or family member. It must be from someone who can attest to your work ethic and character such as a coach, pastor or employer.
Submit your letters to Caitlyn Mantooth at email@example.com.
Obtain an official high school transcript that includes your grades from your most recent completed semester.
Submit your transcripts to Caitlyn Mantooth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please fill out the following application to be considered to receive the Crystal Green Memorial Scholarship.